How To Live Your Life After Demonic Possession
Things seemed to have calmed down. Is it over? Can I relax and go back to “normal life” now?
There is no such thing as a “normal life“ after demonic possession/oppression. This is just the truth. Once you have been exposed to the spiritual realm, you will be vulnerable to it.
This is not to scare you, but to PREPARE you.
What should I look for? How does the demonic attack if God is protecting me now?
Satan will try and come at your mind. However long the demons were possessing/oppressing you, the demonic world has that MUCH intimate information on what makes you tick, your vulnerabilities and what will break you (mentally, physically, spiritually). This does not mean you have no control.
“There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape that ye may be able to bear it.” 1 Cor. 10:13
What do I do if I have been praying and the spiritual attack does not seem to be going away?
When you get an unusually strong attack that prayer alone is unable to lift off the oppression, it is important to lean on other believers and pray together. This number is a toll-free number that is not affiliated with www.shalombewithyou.com
We recommend calling this prayer service ( fees & tolls might apply that we are not aware of, please check before calling) : 1 (803) 578-1800. Once again – We are not affiliated with this service and only offer it to help our visitors who might be in spiritual crisis. We strongly urge all visitors in spiritual and Demonic crisis to find christian help to survive.www.shalombewithyou.com
In what ways does Satan and his demons attack after a possession/oppression experience?
1. He will first come at your mind. This can happen by attacking your self-esteem (by reminding you of all you have done in the past) he will make you feel like things will never get better, you could also be vulnerable to depression, anxiety and fear. God’s word says:
God hath not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.” 2 Tim. 2:17
This verse is the EXACT opposite of how Satan operates. It is important to stand on the truth of God’s word over the lies of the enemy.
2. Satan and His Demons will also attack your relationships. Many of the people that you used to associate with (when you were infested/affected by demons; you will no longer feel comfortable being around. This is a sign that the Holy Spirit is working in you, changing your desires from the inside.
*It is important to step away from relationships carefully and prayerfully, especially when there is an occult or coven involved. Sometimes a “complete and sudden” break-off could mean life or death.
In a case like this I recommend being cautious and having digression. Please seek advice and protection from local authorities, getting refuge at family or friends until you are in a more stable environment, and prayer. We have compiled a list of crisis hot-lines to help you find the prayer support you will need during this time.
Is there anything that I can do on the aggressive to fight for myself during an attack?
1. Speak Bible verses out loud. Satan and demons do not like to hear the word.
“The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.He maketh me to lie down in green pastures; he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul; he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his names’s sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies; thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.”
2. Play Bible CD’s or Praise music in your home.
3. Reach out for prayer as often as you need it.
4. Find a good Bible-based home church that understands spiritual warfare, and ask for help and council. Have the head pastors assign someone to check in on you, and find someone to be your mentor.
5. Change your lifestyle. Satan wants to take you down any way he can, and he will use your weakness against you.
“And be not conformed to this world, but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect will of God.” Rom. 12:2
Why do I have to read the Bible daily?
If you have been possessed/oppressed by demons you have been listening and basing your “reality” on what the devil has been telling you. It will take study to “retrain your brain” to think and hear what God says about you. That is why it is important to SOAK in God’s word as much as you can, as often as you can.
You will notice a change within. Somehow, you will no longer take pleasure in the things, people and places that you used to enjoy. That is the Holy Spirit within you. You must feed Him. By reading the word of God He grows stronger in you, and therefore YOU grow stronger against the enemy as well.
How do you recommend I do this?
1. I carry around 3X5 cards with verses on them. While I am waiting in a long line, or stuck in a traffic jam, I like to invest my time.
2. I have a small Bible in my car and in my purse.
3. I start the day by reading God’s word as soon as I open my eyes.
4. I bring verses to the gym and instead of doing “sets” — I recite a verse.
I am getting discouraged. What do I do for encouragement?
“Therefore, if any man be in Christ, he is a NEW CREATURE; old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.” 2 Cor. 5:17
God will make up for the time that we wasted. He is THAT good!
Don’t beat yourself up over the stuff Christ died on the cross to forgive you of. You are forgiven. You are set free. Your sins were washed away when Christ died at the cross for you.
“There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.” Rom. 8:1
If you start feeling bad for the past, that is really just the devil and his demons trying to pull you back into the pit of depression, because even though they no longer own your body–they can effect your mind and where your mind goes, your heart follows. When you are depressed, you are ineffective for helping others out and being a good witness, and if satan does not have your soul anymore, he wants to make sure that you don’t affect other people’s eternal destinies and lives.
It is also important to keep in mind that you are not alone in your mistakes — everyone (no matter how perfect they look on the outside, how rich/ blessed they are) has their own personal legacy of sin and secrets (No one but God knows about).
“For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.” Rom. 3:23
* Prayer should never be a substitute for receiving medical attention. If you, or someone you love is experiencing suicidal thoughts or harmful tendencies towards themselves or other individuals, please help them contact a qualified physician in addition to praying for them. www.shalombewithyou.com does not assume any responsibility for any personal decisions or choices made by its readers.
FURTHER HELP IN REMOVING DEMONIC POSSESSION
INSTRUCTIONS AND ADVICE
Are Demons Inside You? What To Do For Help In Protecting Yourself From Demonic Possession
PRAYERS TO HELP REMOVE DEMONIC INFLUENCE